- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Ginger Snaps Recipe
|Unsalted butter||12 Tablespoon|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Plus More For Rolling)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3348 Calories from Fat 1357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g237.5%
Saturated Fat 94.9 g474.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 598.5 mg
Sodium 3352.6 mg139.7%
Total Carbohydrates 466 g155.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.8%
Sugars 249.1 g
Protein 34 g68.8%
Vitamin A 95.6% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 39.5% Iron 97.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a saucepan, melt the butter, turn off the heat and stir in the molasses and vanilla, then keep aside to cool.
3) In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together.
4) Add the egg into the cooled butter mixture and stir into the dry ingredients, mix well.
5) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes, until slightly firm.
6) In a small bowl place sugar, roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball in the sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until the bottoms begin to brown. Allow to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Then transfer on a wire rack to cool down.
8) Store in an airtight container and serve when desired.