- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gingered Lamb And Vegetables Oriental Recipe
|Lean lamb||1 Pound, trimmed of fat and cut into thin strips|
|Safflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger piece||1 , finely chopped or slivered into juliennes|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced lengthwise|
|Canned whole mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained and liquid reserved (1 can)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Canned bamboo shoots||5 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 667.3 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 40 g80.6%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large wok or deep skillet heat the oil over high heat.
2. When the oil is hot but not smoking add the lamb and sautÃ© quickly, stirring until every strip is evenly browned.
3. Remove lamb to a bowl and add onions.
4. Stir-fry onions until golden.
5. Add the drained mushrooms, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots and sautÃ© for 30 seconds.
6. Return the lamb to the wok and stir in the soy sauce and ginger and reserved mushroom liquid.
7. Stir fry until everything is tender-crisp and heated through.
8. Serve the Gingered Lamb And Vegetables Orientale over hot cooked rice in a bowl