- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gingered Custard Recipe
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1% Milk Fat)|
|Nonfat dry milk powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract/Brandy extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.1 mg
Sodium 255.3 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.31%
Sugars 32.7 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 49.6% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2) In a medium mixing bowl add all ingredients. Using a wire whisk, beat the mixture until combined.
3) Use four 6-ounce custard cups to spray with nonstick cooking spray.
4) Pour 1/4 of milk mixture into each cup.
5) Place the cups in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan.
6) Pour in hot water into the pan to a depth of about 1 inch.
7) Place inside oven to bake 50 minutes or until a knife, inserted in center, comes out clean.
8) Remove the baking pan from oven and transfer the cups on wire rack to cool.
9) Cover the cups with plastic wrap and place inside refrigerator to store until it is time to serve.
10) Serve the custard by sprinkling fresh ground ginger on top, if desired.