- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gingered Creme Decrecy Recipe
|Carrots||3⁄4 Pound (6 Medium Pieces)|
|Celery ribs with leaves||2|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped crystallized|
|Homemade chicken broth||7 Cup (112 tbs), defatted|
|White rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cooked|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Whipping)|
|Watercress sprigs||6 (For Garnishing)|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg
Sodium 829.2 mg34.5%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 197.8% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Diagonally cut carrots and celery.
2. Using fingers pinch the top 2 inches off the watercress sprigs.
3. In a large heavy pot, take chopped carrots, celery, onion, and ginger.
4. Pour in the broth.
5. Heat over high and bring the broth to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat to medium.
7. Simmer covered over medium heat for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are very tender.
8. Remove the pot from heat.
9. Stir in the rice.
10. Season with salt.
11. Cover the pot partially.
12. Let it stand for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
13. In a blender, puree the soup in small batches until smooth.
14. Return the pureed soup to the pot.
15. Add the cream; stir to mix.
16. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
17. Heat the soup to warm.
18. Pour into small cups or bowls.
19. Garnish each bowl with a sprig of watercress.