- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gingered Bok Choi Recipe
|Julienned ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 649.9 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 562.3% Vitamin C 469.2%
Calcium 66.1% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash bok choi thoroughly and trim its base.
2. Slice off and throw away approximately 1-inch of the top of the bok choi.
3. Cut it lengthwise into quarters.
4. Set aside.
5. In a wok heat butter with some oil over moderate heat.
6. Add ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute.
7. Add bok choi, salt and pepper.
8. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Serve immediately before it turns soggy.