- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gingerbread Snowflakes: Cookie Jar Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Zest of orange||4|
|Dark corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Meringue powder mix/2 egg whites||3 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Warm water||6 Tablespoon (or 2 t. if using fresh egg whites)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6080 Calories from Fat 1686
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 192 g295.3%
Saturated Fat 117.9 g589.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 695.3 mg
Sodium 4419.8 mg184.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1016 g338.6%
Dietary Fiber 24.1 g96.6%
Sugars 673 g
Protein 82 g163.3%
Vitamin A 124.6% Vitamin C 219.4%
Calcium 37.9% Iron 111.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor or mixer cream butter, then add sugar, egg, orange zest and dark corn syrup and mix well.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, baking soda & salt. Add to mixer and beat on low speed until just combined.
3. Form dough into 2 disks and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. Roll out dough out between sheets of plastic. Dip cookie cutters in flour and cut out cookies.
5. Use a spatula to transfer cookies to a parchment line baking sheet.
6. Bake in a preheated 375 ̊ F. oven for 8-9 minutes. (Lower time if using small cookie cutters.)
7. Let cookies cool completely, then apply the icing.
8. In mixer bowl, with whisk attachment, add Meringue powder (or egg whites) and powdered sugar.
9. Add warm water and lemon extract. Beat on high speed for 7 minutes, until icing is fluffy.
10. To Decorate Cookies the cookies use a disposable cake decorating bag and a #4 round tip.
11. Serve this treat with your favorite beverages and enjoy!