- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gingerbread People Cookies HD Recipe Video
|Flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, grounded|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cloves||1 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioner sugar||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
Calories 880 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.8%
Trans Fat 2.7 g
Cholesterol 42.6 mg
Sodium 326 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g49.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 90.9 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0.35%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl mix together flour, ground ginger, baking soda, ground cloves and salt.
2. In a mixing bowl with a flat beater attached, combine sugar and shortening and set to speed 4 until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg, molasses and vinegar to the mixture.
4. Reduce the speed to stir and mix in the flour mixture, in 3 batches.
5. Divide the dough into 3 disks and wrap with plastic.
6. Refrigerate the dough for 60 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
8. For Frosting – In a mixer bowl with the flat beater set to speed 4, beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
9. Reduce the speed, mix in confectioner sugar in 2 batches. Add in whipping cream mixing continuously, followed by the vanilla. Set the frosting aside.
10. Flour the work surface and rolling pin. Work with one disk at a time. Roll out dough onto 1/8 inch thickness.
11. Using a cookie cutter cut out the shapes and place on a baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
12. Bake in oven for 5 minutes at 375 degrees F.
13. Take out the cookies from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before frosting.
14. Decorate the cookies as man and woman with frosting.
15. Serve Gingerbread Cookies with tea or coffee.