- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Bake Gingerbread Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Unbleached flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsulphured molasses||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 (at room temperature)|
|Whole buttermilk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|For cream cheese frosting|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Candied ginger||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g63.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.3 mg
Sodium 334.5 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 48.1 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin spice.
3. In other bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
4. Slowly stream in molasses and mix well.
5. Drop in one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Add in the buttermilk and mix well.
7. Add in the flour mixture in 3 parts and stirring well after each addition.
8. In a greased and parchment cup lined muffin tray, place the batter evenly and bake in the oven for 19 to 22 minutes, or until the cupcakes are browned on top.
9. Remove the cupcakes and allow to cool completely.
10. In a bowl, place cream cheese and sugar and cream well and mix in vanilla and salt.
11. Pipe the cream cheese mixture over the cooled cupcakes.
12. Top with candied ginger, sprinkle with orange zest and serve.