- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gingerbread Cookies Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||98 Tablespoon (6 cups for cookies+ 2 tablespoon to spread over work surface)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||4 Teaspoon|
|Ground clove||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Coarse salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsulfured molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 2242 Calories from Fat 487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.5%
Saturated Fat 32.4 g162%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234.8 mg
Sodium 1088 mg45.3%
Total Carbohydrates 395 g131.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.7%
Sugars 94.8 g
Protein 43 g85%
Vitamin A 33.1% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 32.5% Iron 121.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Keep it aside.
3. In another bowl, combine butter, and brown sugar. With an electric mixer, whisk until fluffy.
4. Add ginger, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, and salt in it. Mix well.
5. Insert egg, and molasses. Blend.
6. Reduce the speed to low. Gradually add flour, and whisk to combine.
7. Divide the dough into third. Wrap it with plastic and place it in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
8. Sprinkle flour on work surface, and roll dough on it.
9. With cookie cutter cut dough and give it shape.
10. Pop it in oven, and bake for 12-14 minutes or until crisp.
11. Place it on wire rack and allow it to cool.
12. Serve cookie topped with royal icing and sanding sugar.