- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4857 Calories from Fat 1932
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 219 g336.2%
Saturated Fat 54.9 g274.6%
Trans Fat 27 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 3030.2 mg126.3%
Total Carbohydrates 702 g233.9%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56.2%
Sugars 389.1 g
Protein 46 g91.1%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 90.2% Iron 185%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 X 13" baking pan.
2) In a bowl, whip together shortening and brown sugar.
3) When the mixture becomes creamy, add in the eggs one by one, beating them separately.
4) In another bowl, combine flour, ginger and cinnamon.
5) Add the dry ingredients into the wet little by little along with a little of the molasses each time. Combine well.
6) In a cup of boiling water add 2 teaspoons of baking soda. Add the mixture to the main batter.
7) Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
8) Serve slices of Gingerbread as a teatime snack.