- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gingery Duck Recipe Video
|Duck breast||750 Gram|
|Ginger wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the marinade)|
|Ginger juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the marinade)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the marinade)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (for the marinade)|
|Soya sauce||1 Teaspoon (for the sauce)|
|Five spice powder||1 Teaspoon (for the sauce)|
|Pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for the sauce)|
|Honey||1 Teaspoon (for the sauce)|
|Ginger juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the sauce)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (for the sauce)|
|Plum sauce||1 Tablespoon (for the sauce)|
|Shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely (for the sauce)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1148 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 577.7 mg192.6%
Sodium 951.3 mg39.6%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 154 g307.2%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 93.8%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 197.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade. Place the duck piece in a ceramic dish and pour the marinade over it. Let the duck marinate for 6-7 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Coat the duck in the marinade. Then remove it from the marinade.
3. Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Transfer the duck to the skillet. Braise it for sometime to sear the juices.
4. Add the marinade to the pan and braise the duck for 10 minutes, spooning the sauce over the duck occassionally.
5. Transfer to a hot oven (350 degrees F) for 45 minutes.
6. Serve the succulent Gingery Duck with steamed rice.
Marinating the duck is ginger marinade is essential because it enhances flavor & kills the duck smell.
Five-spice powder is a mixture of five spices i.e star anise, cloves, cinnamon, fennel & pepper (Sichuan) used primarily Asian cookery.