- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ginger Spice Cake Recipe
|Golden syrup||6 Ounce|
|Black treacle||2 Ounce|
|Brown sugar||2 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Ground mixed spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2749 Calories from Fat 1092
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g188%
Saturated Fat 67.5 g337.6%
Trans Fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 678.8 mg
Sodium 2470.8 mg102.9%
Total Carbohydrates 373 g124.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.2%
Sugars 161.5 g
Protein 47 g93.9%
Vitamin A 69.2% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 61.9% Iron 142.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Butter a deep square cake tin of 8-inches and use greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment to line it.
3) In a pan, out the syrup, butter, sugar and treacle. Gently heat till melted, occasionally stirring.
4) Add the milk, stir well and leave the mixture aside to cool. Then add the eggs and stir well.
5) Into a bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, add the melted mixture and beat well to mix thoroughly.
6) Into the prepared tin, pour the mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 ½ hours, or till firm to touch.
8) Turn out the cake and quickly cool it on a wire rack.
9) If you want to freeze the cake, do it at this point. Wrap the cake in foil, pack in a freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
10) To serve, place the cooled cake on a decorative serving platter and cut into wedges if preferred. If using frozen cake, first remove the wrappings and let it thaw for 4 to 5 hours at room temperature, then place on a serving plate to serve. Makes a good dessert.