- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ginger Soft Shell Crabs Recipe
|Soft shell crabs||4 Large, cleaned|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, coarsely grated|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||4 Tablespoon, sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 763 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.6%
Saturated Fat 24 g119.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 361.9 mg
Sodium 1013.3 mg42.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 66 g132.8%
Vitamin A 34.8% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 36.4% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grate the ginger coarsely.
2) Wash the crabs and pat them dry and flour them lightly.
3) In a skillet large enough to hold the crabs, heat butter and ginger.
4) Add crabs in the skillet and saute several times from the top side, until golden brown or red.
5) While cooking the crabs, slice scallions.
6) Cook crabs from other side as well and let them turn golden brown.
7) On paper towels, drain the crabs.
8) Sprinkle scallions over crabs and serve them hot.