- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ginger Snaps With Brown Sugar Recipe
|Dark brown sugar/Raw sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Blackstrap molasses/Sorghum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1315 Calories from Fat 454
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.6%
Saturated Fat 30.6 g152.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 261.9 mg
Sodium 407.5 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 198 g66%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.5%
Sugars 97.8 g
Protein 26 g51.3%
Vitamin A 31.7% Vitamin C 0.47%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 49.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large glass bowl, cream together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Gradually stir the eggs and molasses or sorghum into the creamed mixture and beat till well aerated. If the mixture curdles, add a little flour to it.
3. In another bowl, sift the flour, salt, ginger and spices together.
4. Stir the sifted, dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and knead slightly to form a soft dough
5. Allow the dough to rest and chill in the refrigerator for approximately 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
7. Grease a cookie sheet with baking spray or oil.
8. Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
9. Divide the dough to make 1 inch sized balls.
10. Roll the balls in granulated or powdered sugar.
11. Place the balls, 2 inches apart, on the greased cookie sheet.
12. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 -15 minutes or till golden brown.
13. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving.