- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ginger Rice With Duck Recipe
|Duck breasts||2 , cut diagonally into thin slices|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon (Japanese)|
|Mirin/Medium sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Root ginger||2 Inch, finely chopped or grated|
|Groundnut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Long grain rice||10 1⁄2 Ounce (White And Brown, 300 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Cooked lean ham||4 Ounce, thinly sliced (115 Gram)|
|Mangetouts||6 Ounce, cut in half diagonally (175 Gram)|
|Bean sprout||1 1⁄2 Ounce, rinsed (40 Gram)|
|Onions spring||8 , thinly sliced diagonally|
|Chopped coriander||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 621 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.3 mg
Sodium 1004.8 mg41.9%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 27 g54.6%
Vitamin A 31% Vitamin C 65.7%
Calcium 7% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat 2-3 tablespoons groundnut oil in a large heavy pan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and half the remaining ginger and stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes until translucent and beginning to colour.
3. Add 700 ml/1 1/4 pints of stock and a teaspoon of soy sauce. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the rice is tender and the liquid absorbed. Do not uncover the pan, but remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a large wok. Drain the duck and gently stir-fry for 3 minutes until just coloured. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and the remaining sugar; cook for 1 minute. Remove from the wok, set aside and keep warm.
5. Stir in the sliced ham with the mangetouts, beansprouts, spring onions, the remaining ginger and half the coriander. Add 125 ml/4 fl oz of the stock and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the stock is almost reduced. Fork in the rice and toss together. Add a dash of chilli sauce, if using.
6. To serve, turn into a warmed serving dish, arrange the duck on top and sprinkle with the remaining coriander. Serve the duck immediately.