- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ginger Nuts Recipe
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable fat||2 Ounce (White)|
|Golden syrup||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 263 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 566.6 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Melt the fat and syrup over a low heat and allow to cool.
3. Stir in the dry ingredients, mixing well with a wooden spoon.
4. Take pieces, about the size of a walnut, and roll into a ball between the palms of the hands.
5. Place well apart on a greased baking tray. Flatten slightly.
6. Bake in a moderate oven (375°F - Gas Mark 5).