- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ginger Honey Chicken Wings Recipe
|Chicken wings||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 97 mg
Sodium 574.3 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 38 g76.2%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the chicken remove, discard tips from chicken wings and separate wings at joints.
2. Place in heavy plastic bag and set in dish.
3. In a bowl or a container combine honey, soy sauce, gingerroot, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and hot pepper flakes stirring until well blended.
4. Pour over chicken wings, pressing air out of bag and secure with twist tie.
5. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
6. Drain wings and arrange in circle on microwave roasting rack with thickest portions toward outside.
7. With waxed paper cover the chicken and microwave at High for 5 to 7 minutes until cooked, rotating dish twice and rearranging pieces if necessary.
8. To a baking dish transfer the chicken and broil for 2 to 3 minutes for a browner, crispier skin.
9. Serve hot with garnish as desired.