- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ginger Beef With Peppers Recipe
|Lean fillet steak||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Root ginger||1 Inch, peeled, sliced|
|Corn flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Five spice powder||1 Pinch|
|Pepper red||1 , deseeded and cut into chunks|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, deseeded and cut into chunks|
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.7 mg12.2%
Sodium 472.2 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 17 g34.5%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 78.8%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine fillet steak slices, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil, sliced ginger root, vinegar, water, salt, and corn flour. Mix thoroughly to coat evenly.
2) Cover with a lid and marinate for at least 20 minutes inside refrigerator.
3) In a wok or frying pan, add remaining sesame oil to heat up.
4) Sprinkle the garlic and five-spice powder. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
5) Place the marinated steak slices to stir-fry for about 2 minutes until the meat turns brown on outside and remains pink inside.
6) With a slotted spoon, transfer the steaks into a plate. Place aside.
7) In the wok or frying pan, add the red and green peppers.
8) Stir-fry lightly for 2-3 minutes, by tossing well.
9) Return the steak strips and rest of the marinade.
10) Stir-fry for another minute to heat up the meat.
11) In a warm serving dish, place beef and pepper mixture. Serve at once.