- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ginger And Lime Chicken Breasts With Mango Salsa Recipe
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and flattened|
|Dried red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole chicken breasts||3 , boned, skinned, and cut into 1/2-inch-wide lengthwise strips|
|Ripe mango||1 , peeled, seeded, and diced|
|Red onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Serrano pepper||1 Small, seeded, minced|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Thin lime slices||8 (For Garnish)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 0.84 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg
Sodium 92 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 31 g62.3%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 75.7%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix limejuice, ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes in a bowl.
2. Add the chicken strips and toss to coat well.
3. Cover and marinate for 2 hours.
4. Combine in a mixing bowl mango, onion, cilantro, limejuice, mint, oil, Chile pepper, and black pepper.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
6. Before serve bring it out, it is to be served in room temperature.
7. In a sauté pan, heat the oil.
8. Sauté the chicken pieces over medium-high flame until both the sides get browned, about 4 minutes on each side.
9. Transfer to a serving dish to keep warm.
10. Add the lime slices to the sauté pan and brown on both sides of the chicken pieces.
11. Set several lime slices on each serving plates, also serve spoonful fruit salsa next to the chicken.
12. Garnish the dish with sprigs of cilantro before serve.