- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Ginataang Monggo Recipe Video
|Mung beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sticky rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), washed (Malagkit)|
Calories 649 Calories from Fat 327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60%
Saturated Fat 34.3 g171.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 29.8 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.7%
Sugars 33.3 g
Protein 11 g22.9%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Toast the Mung beans until brown.
3. Turn-off heat and let the mung beans cool down.
4. Crack the toasted mung beans using a mortar and pestle (almires). Set aside.
5. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in coconut milk. Let boil.
6. Add the sticky rice and Mung beans then stir. Cook in low heat for 15 to 18 minutes while stirring once in a while, or until the coconut milk is almost absorbed.
7. Add sugar then stir.
8. Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
9. Serve! You may serve this either hot or cold. I like having this cold with some extra coconut milk on top.
10. Share and enjoy!
This video is a creation of panlasangpinoy. You can visit panlasangpinoy for complete recipes, and more videos.