- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Ginataang Langka Recipe Video
|Unripe jackfruit||1 Pound, peeled, chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), crushed|
|Tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Coconut milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried fish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), fried, bones removed|
Calories 692 Calories from Fat 399
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.2%
Saturated Fat 41.3 g206.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.6 mg
Sodium 2147.5 mg89.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.6%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 27 g53.5%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 73.8%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 28.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the garlic and onions and cook for 3 to 5 minutes while continuously stirring the mixture.
3. Put-in the tomatoes and red chilies. Continue stirring to prevent lumps from forming.
4. Add the fried dried fish and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Pour-in water and allow re-boiling.
6. Add the chopped jackfruit then mix with the other ingredients. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
7. Put-in the shrimp cube then stir to ensure that the ingredients are properly distributed. Simmer until the liquid dries up.
8. Transfer to a serving plate then serve.
9. Share and enjoy!