- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ginataang Halo-halo Recipe Video
|Sweet potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Taro roots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Purple yam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Plantains||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Ripe jackfruit||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Tapioca pearls||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Glutinous rice balls/Bilo-bilo||20 Medium|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), granulated|
|Coconut milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1147 Calories from Fat 392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72%
Saturated Fat 41.2 g206%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 61.7 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 184 g61.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 66.5 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 118.6% Vitamin C 38.3%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 30.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil water in a cooking pot.
2. Add 1 3/4 cups of coconut milk.
3. Put-in the sweet potatoes, purple yam, and taro roots and simmer for 8 minutes.
4. Pour-in the remaining coconut milk, sugar, and glutinous rice balls then stir. Simmer for 7 minutes.
5. Add the plantains then cook for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Put-in the jack fruit and cook for 2 minutes more.
7. Slowly slide-in the cooked tapioca pearls then stir. Simmer for 1 minute.
8. Serve either hot or cold.