- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty Giant Baked Beans with Tomato Recipe Video
|Large lima beans||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), diced finely|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Tomatoes/Tomato juice||2 Medium, crushed|
Calories 745 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 550.2 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.3%
Dietary Fiber 28.1 g112.6%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 31 g61%
Vitamin A 123.5% Vitamin C 33.4%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 60.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash lima beans add enough water to soak. Keep it overnight.
2) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3) In a pot pour water to boil and add beans Blanche them for 5 minutes.
4) Simultaneously in a large pan, add olive oil and sauté the onions. Add garlic, carrots, salt and pepper.
5) Remove beans from the heat and drain the water.
6) In a large pan place the beans, add the tomato sauce, 4 cups of water and mix well.
7) Cook beans in the oven for about an hour at 350 degrees.
8) Serve as a side dish or as the main meal.