- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Ghee (Clarified Butter) Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||1 Pound|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.6%
Saturated Fat 23.3 g116.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.5 mg
Sodium 5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 0.03 g0.01%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0.39 g0.77%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.1% Iron 0.05%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan and place the butter in it at a medium heat.
2. Bring the butter to boil in about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the melted butter begins to boil, reduce the heat and the foam that forms on the surface will disappear in a minute or two.
4. Continue boiling it while stirring. When you see foam forming on the surface a second time, and the butter is a golden color, the ghee is ready.
5. If you like the ghee with a grainy texture, sprinkle some water at this point to the ghee.
6. Reduce the heat to low and stop stirring. Solids will have settled at the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat at this point.
7. Immediately strain the ghee through a strainer or cheese cloth into a heat proof container. Store in an air tight container free from moisture.
8. Ghee can be stored in an air tight container without refrigeration for around a month.
9. Serve with paratha or roti and can be used in cooking a variety of Indian dishes.