- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beans Stew - Red Red - Ghanaian Food Recipe Video
|Palm oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Ripe tomato||2 , mashed|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Bouillon cube||1 (maggi)|
|Dried black eyed peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as needed for boiling peas)|
Calories 464 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.6 mg
Sodium 613.3 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.5%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 34 g68.5%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 52.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the peas overnight and then remove the skin by rubbing them between your hands.
2. Wash away the skin and set aside.
3. Remove the bones and cut fish into small pieces.
4. In a large pot add the peas with enough water and boil for about 40-60 minutes or until tender.
5. Place a saucepan on flame and heat palm oil in it.
6. Fry the onions in hot oil until brown.
7. Add mashed tomatoes, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and bouillon cube. Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Stir in smoked fish and the cooked black eyed peas.
9. Season with salt and let the sauce simmer for 10 more minutes.
10. Serve with fried plantain.