- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Pretzel Recipe
|Plain flour||170 Gram, weighing 6 oz|
|Unsalted butter/Margarine||115 Gram, weighing 4 oz|
|Powdered sugar||55 Gram, weighing 2 oz|
|Cashewnuts||55 Gram, weighing 2 oz|
|Almond essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1⁄3 Pint|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2611 Calories from Fat 1043
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g184.6%
Saturated Fat 64 g320.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 247.3 mg82.4%
Sodium 21.4 mg0.9%
Total Carbohydrates 369 g123.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 214.1 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 57.5% Vitamin C 0.46%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cream the margarine and sugar very well until light and creamy.
3 Add the almond essence and beat.
4. Add the cashewnuts and seived flour and mix well. The mixture will form into a soft dough.
5. Knead the dough for a minute.
6. Roll into sticks and shape into a circle.
7. Arrange these on a well-greased and dusted baking tin.
8. Bake in a hot oven at 400Â°F. for 15 minutes.
9. Cool the biscuits.
10. Add 1 tablespoop of hot water to the icing sugar and mix well. If the mixture is very thick, add a little more water. Add a few drops of vanilla essence.
11. Dip the top part of the biscuits into this icing. If you like, sprinkle chopped glace cherries. Allow the biscuits to dry.