- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Veal With Almonds Recipe
|Thinly sliced button mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Veal cutlets||30 Ounce (6 Pieces, 5 Ounce Each)|
|Cooked tongue||6 Ounce|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaked almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Ounce (Use As Required To Coat)|
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.2%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245.9 mg
Sodium 438.7 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 43 g85.8%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place each veal cutlet between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound thin using a mallet hammer or bottom of a small pan.
2. Slice the tong into thin strips. Keep aside.
3. In a shallow wide bowl, beat eggs with a little water. Keep aside
4. In a plate, combine breadcrumbs and almonds. Keep aside.
5. In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 table oil.
6. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender.
7. Add seasoning and Madeira and heat through. Take off heat and allow mixture to cool.
8. Divide the tongue strips into 6 equal portions.
9. In the center of each cutlet, place one portion of tongue and spoon mushrooms mixture.
10. Neatly and tightly fold the cutlet like an envelope.
11. Lightly coat each veal cutlet with flour, shaking off excess.
12. Dip each cutlet into egg and then roll in almond-bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly so that makes a thin even coat.
13. Arrange on a plate and refrigerate, removing 20 minutes before serving time.
14. In a large flat frying pan, heat remaining butter and oil.
15. When hot, arrange cutlets, and brown evenly on all sides
16. Transfer fried cutlets to a serving platter or individual plates
17. Serve immediately accompanied by hollandaise sauce if you like.