- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Style Stuffed Meat Loaf Recipe
|Beef/Veal||7 Ounce, ground|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Rye bread slice||1 , toasted and made into crumbs|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Pickle relish||2 Tablespoon|
|Reduced calorie thousand island dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sauerkraut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained and chopped|
|Swiss cheese||2 Ounce, shredded, divided|
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.5 mg
Sodium 367.3 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a 1-quart bowl, add all the ingredients except sauerkraut and cheese, mix thoroughly.
3) On a sheet of wax paper spread the mixture to form a 6 x 8-inch rectangle.
4) Spread sauerkraut over the rectangle, leaving 1-inch border on all sides and sprinkle the sauerkraut with 1/2 the cheese.
5) Roll up the meat in a jelly-roll fashion, starting from short end and press to seal the open ends.
6) In roasting pan, place the roll and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
7) Sprinkle the loaf with rest of the cheese and bake for another 2 to 3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
8) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.