- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Potato Salad Recipe
|Idaho potatoes||2 Pound (4 Large Ones)|
|Bacon||8 Ounce, slab, rind discarded, cut into 1/4-inch cubes|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped (For Garnish)|
Calories 677 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.9 mg
Sodium 417.9 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g43.8%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56.1%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 17 g34.5%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 112.5%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and peel the potatoes.
2. Diagonally slice into 1/4-inch-thick pieces.
3. In a pot, place sliced potatoes and pour salt water to cover.
4. Bring the potatoes to a boil and then reduce the heat.
5. Simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes until tender but not mushy.
6. Drain well and keep aside in a large bowl.
7. In a nonstick skillet, fry bacon over low heat for about 10 minutes until the fat is released.
8. Stir in onions and cook for 10 minutes until wilted.
9. Drain and discard fat.
10. Add the drained potatoes; mix well.
11. In a large mixing bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, sugar, and salt and pepper, to taste.
12. Add sour cream; mix.
13. Add the bacon-potato mixture and toss well.
14. Adjust seasonings to taste.
15. Garnish with parsley.
16. Serve warm or at room temperature.