- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Red Potato Salad Recipe
|Red potatoes||4 Medium, peeled|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||3 , diced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.68 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg
Sodium 155.7 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 57%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise first, then make cross sections of 1/4-inch slices.
2. In a 2-quart casserole, place the potatoes and 1/4 cup water.
3. In the microwave, cook, covered for 7 to 9 minutes at High, until the potatoes are fork-tender, stirring once.
4. Drain the potatoes and keep aside, covered.
5. In a small bowl, mix the bacon, onion and celery.
6. First, mix the flour, salt and pepper and then blend in the milk.
7. In the microwave, cook for 8 to 8 1/2 minutes at High, until the onion is tender and the bacon crisp, stirring once.
8. Add the rest of the ingredients.
9. In the microwave, cook, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes at High, until thickened, stirring once.
10. Add the sauce to potatoes and toss to coat.
11. Microwave for 2 minutes at High.
12. Serve at room temperature.