- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Potato Pancakes Recipe
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled|
|Non fat powdered milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream/Yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying, As Required)|
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.2 mg
Sodium 399.8 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 12 g24.7%
Vitamin A 32.6% Vitamin C 95.2%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the parsely until finely minced.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, remove the parsely and keep aside.
3) Then process the onion until finely chopped, drain and add to the parsley.
4) In a processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the potatoes until shredded, then remove on a wax paper.
5) In a processor bowl with a metal blade, process the shredded potatoes until finely chopped and add to onions.
6) Stir the milk powder and flour together .
7) In the processor bowl, process the eggs for 5 seconds.
8) With the processor running, add milk powder and flour mixture, sour cream and salt, process until smooth.
9) Stir into the parsely and mix well.
10) In a non-stick pan, heat 1-2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat and pour in 1/3 cup batter.
11) Cook the pancakes for about 5 minutes until brown, turn and brown the other side for 5 minutes.
12) Serve immediately with yogurt and chives or a little applesauce.