- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Pork Roast In Spicy Beer Sauce Recipe
|Rolled pork loin roast||3 1⁄2 Pound (Boneless)|
|Beer||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 , diced|
|Stalk celery||1 , diced|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 455 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.3%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 158.8 mg
Sodium 349.4 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 54 g107.7%
Vitamin A 27.1% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 4% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large and deep dish, place roast.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups beer, onion, lemon peel and seasonings and pour over pork so that it covers the meat.
3. Cover and place the meat in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for 1 to 2 days, turning occasionally so that the flavors penetrate the meat completely.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F before roasting meat.
5. Strain and reserve the marinade liquid and solids.
6. In a large roasting pan, make a bed of carrots, celery and solid ingredients of the marinade
7. Place roast on top and baste with a little of the marinade liquid.
8. Roast meat for 2 to 2 ½ hours basting with 1/3rd of remaining marinade liquid and pan drippings every 30 minutes, until internal temperature of meat registers 170°F.
9. Remove roast to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
10. Blend flour in remaining marinade or beer to make a slurry.
11. Skim fat from pan juices and dripping then strain to remove solids.
12. Blend in the flour slurry and another 1/2 cup of beer plus water to equal 2 cups total liquid.
13. Pour into a saucepan and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
14. Use a steak knife to carve the roast against the grain, into think slices.
15. Serve along with gravy spooned on top and passed in a gravy boat and accompany with dumplings and roast vegetables if you like.
For 3 cups gravy, use more beer and water plus 6 tablespoons flour.