- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Pancake With Saucy Apples Recipe
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apples||5 Medium, peeled|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.3 mg
Sodium 37.1 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2.In a large oven-proof frying pan put in margarine and let set in oven.
3.Mix together batter while margarine is melting.
4.In blender container put eggs and process for 1 minute at high speed.
5.With motor running, add in milk,and flour.
6.Continue to processfor 30 seconds.
7.Remove margarine from oven and swirl pan to coat pan with melted margarine .
8.Into hot frying pan ladle batter.
9.Bake for 10 minutes.
10. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
11.Saucy apples : In 2 1/2-quart glass casserole, mix the apples and water.
12. Microwave covered for 6 to 8 minutes on high power.
13.Add in sugar to taste and season with cinnamon and nutmeg.
14. If desired the apples can be processed in a blender In batches until smooth.
15.Serve pancake with Saucy Apples .
16. Sprinkle powdered sugar and fresh fruit and serve warm.