- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Lentil Stew with Knackwurst Recipe
|Jumbo lentils||1⁄2 Pound (1 Cup Or 225 Grams)|
|Ham bone/Smoked knuckle||1 , chopped or sawed into large pieces with some meat|
|Smoked ham hocks||2 , chopped or sawed into halves or quarters|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, peeled, studded with four whole cloves|
|Whole coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and minced|
|Clear chicken bouillon||500 Milliliter (2 Cups Or 5 Deciliter)|
|Dry white wine||500 Milliliter (2 Cups Or 5 Deciliter)|
|Heavy cream||250 Milliliter (1 Cup Or 2.5 Deciliter)|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh fennel leaves/1 teaspoon dried fennel / 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram / 1 teaspoon dried marjoram||1 Tablespoon|
|Savory thyme/1 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Tablespoon (Use Fresh Ones)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Sour cream||250 Milliliter (1 Cup Or 2.5 Deciliter)|
|Chives/2 teaspoon dried chives||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fresh dill/2 teaspoon dried dill||2 Tablespoon, minced|
Calories 1340 Calories from Fat 874
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.8%
Saturated Fat 37.4 g186.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 248.7 mg82.9%
Sodium 1569.3 mg65.4%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 14 g55.9%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 61 g121.1%
Vitamin A 40.6% Vitamin C 35.8%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 6 quarts pressure cooker, add the lentils, ham bone pieces, ham hocks, cloves studded onion, bay leaf, coriander and garlic.
2) Then pour in the chicken bouillon and wine, place the lid, bring the pressure up to 15 pounds and cook for 20 minutes.
3) Turn off the heat and allow the pressure to lower gradually, on its own in 4 to 5 minutes.
4) Gently stir in the cream, parsley, fennel, marjoram, savory, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
5) Stir again and push in the knackwurst around the cooker.
6) Place the lid, bring up the pressure to 15 pounds and cook another 6 minutes.
7) Turn off the heat, allow the pressure to lower gradually on its own. If any liquid is there, drain off and reserve.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.