- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Hot Potato Salad Recipe
|Boiled potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), hot, sliced|
|Bacon||8 , diced (Thin)|
|Onion||1 , diced (Walnut Size Onion)|
|Celery||3 Teaspoon, diced|
|Flour||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3 Teaspoon|
|Hard cooked eggs||3|
|Diced green pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1360 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.9%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 738.9 mg
Sodium 576.9 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 253 g84.3%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.4%
Sugars 158.2 g
Protein 41 g82.3%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 64.9%
Calcium 35.1% Iron 173.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a frying pan, add bacon, onion, celery and pepper to cook until ingredients turn light gold.
2) Sprinkle flour and continue frying until golden brown or brown as you like it.
3) Pour in hot water, vinegar and brown sugar and cook slowly for about 5 minutes.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Pour the sauce over hot potatoes.
6) Place inside oven to steam at 300 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
7) Add eggs just before serving and toss well or just garnish.
Cold left over potatoes may be used, but be sure to bring the salad to a bubbling boil (when first in the oven) for about 10 minutes then let it steam the required time.