- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Fish with Sauerkraut Recipe
|Frozen flounder fillets/Frozen halibut fillets||1 Pound|
|Cooked sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sauerkraut||1 2⁄3 Pound, drained (One Can Of 1-Pound, 11-Ounce)|
|Cooked carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Condensed cream of potato soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dill seed||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64 mg
Sodium 1819.9 mg75.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Cut the fish fillets into 2-inch-wide strips.
3) In a bowl, combine together the mushrooms and sauerkraut
4) In shallow 1 1/2 to 2-quart baking dish spread the sauerkraut mixture evenly.
5) Sprinkle with the carrots.
6) Arrange the fish pieces on top.
7) In a saucepan combine potato soup, milk, onion, dill seed, ham, salt and pepper.
8) Boil the milk mixture for 1 minute and pour over fish.
9) Sprinkle generously with Parmesan and parsley.
10) Cover the baking dish with plastic film.
11) Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
12) Serve hot on a flat serving dish.