- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Chocolate Cake Recipe
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut flakes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate cake mix||18 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.6%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g74%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.8 mg
Sodium 597 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 61.8 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line the bottom of an 8-inch microwave round baking dish with wax paper.
2. In small microwave bowl or measure combine the sugar and butter
3. Heat in the microwave on HIGH power for about 2 minutes until butter melts.
4. Remove from oven and stir until sugar dissolves.
5. Pour this into the lined baking dish and spread evenly.
6. Scatter the pecans on top.
7. Sprinkle with the over the pecans and moisten with milk.
8. Following package instructions, prepare cake mix.
9. Pour the cake batter over the coconut.
10. Cook on HIGH for about 7 to 8 minutes until the cake begins to leave the sides of dish and is spongy to touch.
11. Cover the dish and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
12. Invert onto serving platter and peel off wax paper.
13. Allow the cake to cool completely or serve slightly warm
14. Slice and serve with tea or coffee or serve as a dessert along with whipped cream and a cherry sauce if you like.