- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Beer Cheese Bierkase Recipe
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mashed|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 14.7 g73.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.5 mg
Sodium 324.6 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.11%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 0.8%
Calcium 57.6% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Use a food processor, meat grinder or a cheese grater to finely shred the cheeses finely.
2. In a mixing bowl or blender combine the shredded cheeses with the other ingredients.
3. Blend to make a smooth spread.
4. Spoon the cheese mixture and pack firmly into a 3-cup rounded bowl or mold.
5. Refrigerate until set and well chilled.
6. To serve, unmold the Cheese Bierkase onto a cheese platter and surround with small rye rounds or fancy crackers.
7. Serve at room temperature.