- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Apple Sausage Pancake Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Apple||1⁄4 Pound, cored, pared, and thinly sliced|
|Sausage links||2 Ounce, cooked and cut lengthwise into halves (2 Links Of 1 Ounce Each. Brown And Serve Variety)|
|Brown and serve sausage links||2 Ounce, cooked and cut lengthwise into halves (2 Pieces, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Apple pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.6 mg
Sodium 202.9 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2) Use a medium mixing bowl to add flour, 1 teaspoon sugar, and baking soda. Combine well and set aside.
3) In another small mixing bowl, add buttermilk and egg yolks to beat together. Place the bowl aside.
4) Use a separate small mixing bowl, to beat egg whites with the help of electric mixer at high speed, until the eggs turn foamy. Add cream of tartar to the eggs and continue beating until whites are stiff but not dry.
5) Pour in the buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients. Stir well to make a smooth mixture and add to beaten egg whites.
6) Use a 9-inch pie plate to spray with nonstick cooking spray.
7) Pour in batter into the plate and spread evenly over bottom.
8) Arrange the apple slices and sausage halves in nice pattern over batter.
9) Use a cup or small bowl to mix remaining teaspoon sugar and apple pie spice. Sprinkle the mixture over pancake.
10) Place inside oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pancake turns light brown a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
11) Serve the pancake hot with your choice of sauce.