- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Apple Pancakes with Brown Sugar Buttermilk Syrup Recipe Video
|Eggs||3 , reconstituted (Thrive)|
|Powdered milk/Instant milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/2 White Flour+1/2 Whole Wheat)|
|Apple chips||1 Cup (16 tbs), rehydrated|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried apple chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 968 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.8%
Saturated Fat 22.2 g111%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 408.7 mg
Sodium 1129 mg47%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g45.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.4%
Sugars 97.2 g
Protein 23 g45.9%
Vitamin A 27.3% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 36.7% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
2) Take a large baking dish and add butter into it. Place it in the oven to melt.
3) To make batter, in a bowl mix together Thrive eggs with whole eggs.
4) Add vanilla, cinnamon and salt, milk, flour, whisk the mixture.
5) Stir in apple chips.
6) Bring the baking dish out and spread the melted butter evenly.
7) Pour the batter and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
8) To make sauce, in a medium saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar.
9) Then, fold in baking soda, cinnamon, buttermilk and corn syrup.
10) Let it cook for 7 minutes, then add apple chips.
11) Cook it for 2 minutes and stir in vanilla.
12) Serve the apple German pancakes with brown sugar buttermilk syrup.