- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
German Apple Pancake Recipe
|Unbleached white flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||6 Tablespoon|
|Apple||1⁄2 Large (Granny Smith Or Golden Delicious)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.6 mg
Sodium 88.4 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F with a rack place middle level.
2. Spray 2 (6-inch) gratin dishes or 1 (10-inch) pie plate with nonstick cooking or baking spray.
3. Place dishes in oven to heat.
4. In a small dry bowl, add egg and egg white and beat using a wire whisk until well blended.
5. Add milk and flour and whisk quickly until flour is just moistened. Keep aside.
6. Peel, core and thinly slice apple.
7. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon and brown sugar. Toss to mix.
8. Ladle half the batter into each pan or all of into if using pie plate, and swirl quickly to spread evenly.
9. Divide the apple slices equally and arrange over the batter.
10. Place in oven and bake until golden and fluffy.
11. Remove from oven and slide onto serving plates/plate
12. Serve immediately, plain or with maple syrup if you like.