- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Georgia Raised Biscuits Recipe
|Active dry yeast/1 cake compressed yeast||1 Packet|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.7 mg
Sodium 972 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.3% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Let stand for a few minutes; then stir until dissolved.
3. Sift dry ingredients into large bowl.
4. Cut in 1/2 cup soft butter.
5. Add yeast and mix well.
6. Roll about 1/4 inch thick on floured board.
7. Cut with floured 2-inch cutter and put half on cookie sheets.
8. Brush with melted butter.
9. Top with remaining biscuits.
10. Beat egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water together.
11. Brush on biscuits.
12. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
13. Bake in preheated hot oven (425 °F.) for about 10 minutes.
14. Makes about 3 dozen biscuits.