- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Georgia Peach Shortcake Recipe
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4961 Calories from Fat 2526
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 290 g445.8%
Saturated Fat 151.5 g757.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 920.1 mg
Sodium 3803.8 mg158.5%
Total Carbohydrates 553 g184.4%
Dietary Fiber 37.5 g150.2%
Sugars 226.5 g
Protein 74 g148.7%
Vitamin A 244.6% Vitamin C 139.4%
Calcium 220.8% Iron 148.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat egg slightly with milk in 1-cup measure; add all at once to flour mixture; stir with a fork until blended.
3. Grease bottoms of two 9-inch layer-cake pans; spread half the dough on each to within 1/2 inch of edge.
4. Bake in very hot oven (450°) 20 minutes, or until golden.
5. While shortcake bakes, peel, slice and sweeten peaches. Whip cream with almond extract until stiff in small bowl.
6. Put hot shortcake layers together on serving plate with peaches and cream between and on top. Cut in wedges