- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 393 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.4 mg
Sodium 27.2 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.23 g0.91%
Sugars 75.1 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.3% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Take a 9 inch straight-sided layer cake pan or a deep 8-inch cake pan, or a 7-inch square pan, grease well with butter and line using waxed paper greased with butter.
3. Take a pan, place on low heat, melt butter. Take off from heat and keep aside for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Sieve in flour along with cornstarch thrice.
5. Take a large deep bowl, place on a pan with hot water. Break in eggs and beat for few seconds. Add sugar and beat till the mixture turns pale and leaves behind a thick trail when whisk is taken out.
6. Take the bowl off from heat and beat for 3 to 4 minutes till the mixture becomes cool.
7. With rubber spatula, gently fold in half the portion of sieved flour. Add melted butter, slowly along the bowl side, as a thin stream. Fold in rest of the flour.
8. Transfer to the greased-layered pan, place on the top of the oven and bake for half an hour or till cake rises well and in spongy when touched.
9. Take out and transfer to a wired rack, upside down, and allow to cool well.
10. Discard the lining paper.
11. If the cake is baked using a deep pan, slice horizontally into three equal layers.
12. Spread cream on the top of the bottom layer, place the second layer, spread butter/fruit cream and place the third layer on its top. Garnish with cream.
13. Slice and serve.
If shallow pan is used, halve the cake and spread cream on the bottom layer, place the other half on the top and decorate with cream. Slice and serve.
If a large, shallow pan is used, cut cake into a shape of your choice and apply apricot glaze on top and cover with confectioners' frosting or fondant icing and garnish with crystallized violets and roses or candied cherries or blanched pistachio nuts or silver shot. Serve as such.