- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Eggs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (About 5)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 253.8 mg
Sodium 327.1 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 50.7 g
Protein 12 g23.2%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.8% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 350°F.
2) Use a rotary beater to beat the eggs to light and fluffy.
3) Slowly add sugar, salt and vanilla and beat the mixture to thick and lemony.
4) Add flour by 2 tablespoonfuls at a time and mix well.
5) Gently fold in all ingredients and combine thoroughly.
6) Use two 8-inch cake pans to line with waxed paper on the bottoms and grease.
7) Pour in batter into cake pans.
8) Place the pan inside oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
9) Allow the cakes to cool in pans.
10) Slice the cakes in 2 layers after removing from pans.
11) Arrange the layers together and spread filling between layers and cover with frosting.