- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Home Made Genoise Recipe
|Superfine granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 (At Room Temperature / Warmer)|
|Praline powder||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Quick butter frosting/Rich butter cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3641 Calories from Fat 1024
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.6%
Saturated Fat 48.9 g244.7%
Trans Fat 10.3 g
Cholesterol 1392.2 mg
Sodium 1748.3 mg72.8%
Total Carbohydrates 617 g205.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 354.5 g
Protein 52 g104.2%
Vitamin A 61.7% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 32% Iron 84.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, grease two nine-inch or three eight-inch cake pans that are one and one-half inches deep. Line the pans with waxed paper and grease the paper. Melt the butter and cool to lukewarm. Set heat control at moderate (350° F.) and place rack in the lower third of the oven.
3. Divide the flour into six to eight portions and sift over the egg mixture a portion at a time. Use a rubber spatula to fold the flour in gently after each addition.
4. Add the butter, about a teaspoon at a time, and fold it in gently but completely.
5. Turn the batter into the prepared pans and bake thirty-five to forty minutes. When done, the cake will rebound to the touch when pressed gently in the center.
6. Turn the cakes out onto a cooling rack, remove the paper and let cool. Frost with desired frosting and genoise praline powder