- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
General Tso Meatballs Recipe Video
|Plain bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground beef||1 Pound (or turkey)|
|General tsao stir-fry sauce||129 Milliliter (1 pouch, Simply Asia General Tsao Stir-fry sauce)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.7%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g57.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.6 mg
Sodium 398 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 21 g42.8%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, and milk.
3. Add egg, garlic powder, and ginger. Mix well.
4. Clump mixture and roll them into 1-inch meatballs. Line a baking sheet with foil, and place meatballs on it.
5. Pop the baking sheet in oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until done.
6. Place a large skillet on medium heat. Add orange juice, and stir fry sauce in it. Stir, and bring the sauce to a simmer.
7. Drop meatballs in skillet. Toss to coat evenly, and cook until heated through.
8. Serve meatballs hot with rice.