- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
General Tso Chicken Recipe Video
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||3 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Corn starch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken thigh/Chicken breast||1⁄2 Pound|
|Oil||5 Tablespoon (For frying)|
Calories 889 Calories from Fat 395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.5%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 199.9 mg
Sodium 1831.2 mg76.3%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7%
Sugars 33.3 g
Protein 28 g56.5%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 14.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For Sauce – In a bowl add in the corn starch, water and rice vinegar mix well.
2. Add in soya sauce and sugar, mix well and set aside.
3. For Chicken – In a medium bowl add in the chicken and egg mix well.
4. In another bowl place the corn starch and add in the chicken into it with the help of a fork.
5. Coat the chicken with corn starch.
6. Place a wok on stove and heat on high flame. Pour in the oil and add in the chicken. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
7. Add in the onion and stir fry for additional 1 minute. Add in the sauce and keep stirring for 20 seconds.
8. Serve General Tso Chicken with steamed rice and enjoy!