- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
The Greek Cook:Gemista (Stuffed Vegetables) Recipe Video
|Rice||18 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon rice for each evegetable)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Onion||1 Medium, mince|
|Ground beef||500 Gram|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Dried mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Potato||4 , cut into strips (3-4)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 658 Calories from Fat 413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.6%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.3 mg11.8%
Sodium 653.8 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.1%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 33.5% Vitamin C 69%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the top of tomato and aubergine and scoop out the seeds and pulp as shown in the video. Reserve tomato pulp into a bowl.
2. Also cut and scoop out seeds from bell pepper.
3. Chop the tomato pulp into small pieces. Set it aside.
4. In a frying pan, saute onion and ground meat in olive oil. Cook until browned.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add parsley, rice, and dried mint. Stir well.
7. Stir in 1 cup of tomato pulp and cook for a few minutes.
8. Fill the vegetables with about 2 tablespoons of rice stuffing and place it on a baking tray.
9. Place potato strips on the baking tray along with other vegetables.
10. In the remaining tomato pulp, add ½ cup of olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well.
11. Pour it on top of vegetables along with water.
12. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
13. Pop it in oven and bake for 1 hour 40 minutes or until done.
14. Serve hot and enjoy!