- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gelatin Salads Tomato Aspic Recipe
|Tomato juice||1 Can (10 oz) (1 Qt, 14 Oz)|
|Bay leaves||2 Small|
|Unflavored gelatin||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 27 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.05 g0.07%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.06%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 77.1 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.32 g1.3%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 1% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, place together 5 cups tomato juice, peppercorns, cloves, bay leaves, salt.
2) Heat the tomato mixture to boil and reduce heat.
3) Let the tomato mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Sprinkle gelatin over remaining tomato juice, to soften.
5) Stir the gelatin mixture in the tomato mixture, until gelatin is dissolve.
6) Remove the tomato mixture from the heat.
7) Pass the tomato mixture, through muslin cloth.
8) Stream the tomato mixture into 8 individual molds or 1-1/2-quart mold.
9) Place in the refrigerator until firm for at least 3 hours.
10) When ready to serve, run a small spatula around edge of mold.
11) Invert the mold on a serving plate and place a hot, damp dishcloth on base of mold.
12) Shake the mold gently to release.
13) Garnish with sliced olives, green pepper, cucumber, or salad greens as desired.
14) Serve with mayonnaise on side if desired.